CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Are your bags packed?

Well in two short weeks the Guatemala mission team from Calvary Baptist Church will be boarding their flight to Guatemala.  This year fundraising was a little on the light side as life was very busy for most of us.  However, we had a wonderful turn out at the yard sale.  The ride/walk/run event which was hosted on the same day tripled in size from last year.  Most of the riders cycled up to 36 miles while the others did the 16 mile ride.  If you have never cycled before I would suggest you try it if you like the outdoors and exercising.  Yes, the cycling outfits are a little awkward at first but you get use to it.  Lately I have found most of my deepest conversations with the Lord on my cycling bike.  He has completely unclogged my heart, cleared away thoughts, and brought me to a place where I want my relationship to continue to blossom with him.  Sorry to side track,  the two fundraisers above, along with a few generous givers we were able to meet our required amount for the mission trip.  Praise God!  So with all that being said, my bags (backs are what Guatemalans called our bags) are not packed as I am not going to Guatemala this summer.  It was a very tough decision for me.  I waivered for many months and went through the motions as I was going, however deep inside I knew differently.  My personal life has made a few turns which require my attention to be focused here.  So the team must go on.  The team will be building homes, food/clothing distribution and wheelchair distribution.  There are two new team members going this year which is very exciting.  Its also interesting to watch and listen to new members working in Guatemala for the first time.  So I will be anxious to hear their stories. 
In the meantime, I thank you all for your continued prayer. I ask that you will continue to lift the team up as they have some heavy work in front of them.  Its not only physical work but also mentally challenging. If you click on the link below the song is called Your Love Amazes Me by Michael English.  This song clearly states the God will never leave us no matter what.  He will continue to love us and the only way we can be save and forgiven is through him.  I encourage you to take a few minutes and listen to the song with a clear mind. 

http://youtu.be/S_ubhKAVjW8

1 comments:

Reba said...

I am sensing a peace within you (though I don't actually know you :) and look forward to seeing what God does in your deepened relationship! I know it had to have been hard to NOT go to Guatemala this time but again, I know God has some big plans. Hugs!