CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Go away snow

I am over it! This was one of N.J.'s worst snow storms in years. We received over 18 inches of snow. Needless to say, Jonathan and I were transporting employees to and from work, my Dad plowed my work's parking lot, Shauna watched Carson, and the horses were in their stalls for 48 hours with 20 minutes on the cross-ties while I cleaned their stalls.
Today Jonathan took Carson out in the snow while I took care of the horses. Carson loved it! He laughed and ran so hard he could hardly stand up. Once I was done with the horses I joined in on the fun. We made snow angels, played tackle and had snow races. It was fun, but come on sunshine.
I need to give thanks and praise to the Lord. We did not lose power(as many did), we were safe driving, our Honda Ridgeline did incredible in the snow (highly recommend).
Per the local weather station, we are supposed to get another snow storm on Wednesday. As we were driving to the horse stable today, I was dreaming about being in Guatemala. I love being so close to my family however I truly feel a calling to Guatemala. Its very hard to put into words, however its getting stronger everyday. I am not sure how I would ever tell my parents- We are moving..
Guess what? I would NEVER have to deal with a snow storm again. That sounds so wonderful!!

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

I know the pull to Guatemala. You are all getting the snow, and here in Maine we have had very little. We are almost 25" below normal!! And, sorry to say, I am ok with it!!

Hope the storm skips you!!!

Reba said...

I am quite over the snow too. My summer break is getting shorter and shorter. And I do not like winter. We have had more snow this year than ever before. And I think we are getting more tomorrow. Ugh!