CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Going back to Guatemala and college

We are traveling back to Guatemala in August as a church group again to work with Chris and Donna Mooney. I had two earlier trips planned however life is going to be changing for us in the near future which will not allow us to travel that far away. I will post more about our changing life in a few weeks. With that being said, I really miss Guatemala. I miss Guatemala as a whole. Today as I was cleaning the horse stalls I was thinking how great it would be to live there for a few weeks. God has a plan for our life....
Well, as of December 6 I will once again be a post graduate college student. I am going to finish my professional counseling degree with a dual degree in Mental Health and School Counseling. If I continue with the class schedule it will take me 2 1/2 years and then I will have 1/2 of residency. I am very excited about this degree as it will open up many avenues for me. My long term goal is to earn my PhD in counseling. As we all know health care is ever changing and I am not the type of person to allow change to occur around me and not do anything about it. I am a very determined person. I am always looking for ways to improve myself. I do not want to be in the 'same' job for 15 plus years. I want to grow, learn and excel. There are many times I have heard people say, I should have gone back to school to be.... I am to0 old for school.... I have to get perfect grades so I can not go to school, raise a family and work...etc. To me they are all excuses. If you really want something nothing will stand in your way.
Sure the above is not going to be easy however neither was earning my MBA or taking the exam to be a Licensed Nursing Home Administrator or adopting as a single parent. However, I truly believe if its the Lords plan he will lead your path. He has led my path many of times. Amen!

3 comments:

Bobbi said...

YOu are brave and strong!! You will do excellent in college. GOOD LUCK!! Good for you for not letting the world just revolve around you.

OK, I hate surprsises a suspense! A few weeks just doesn't seem fair!

Reba said...

I am very excited for you! You will do it! A few years ago, I got my Master's (with three kids); it is still one of the things I am proud to have achieved. As for the suspense...I agree with the above comment. You are just going to let our imaginations run wild. :)

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

YOU GO GIRL! can't wait to hear about whats new!