CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Guatemala Adoptions

Over the past few months I have been reading about, when and if Guatemala will reopen their adoptions. It seems as if they will open the adoptions again however the process may take a little longer (or more hoops to jump through) and there is not a time frame as to when they will reopen. I have negative and positive thoughts about the possible "new" adoption process. My positive thoughts are; make sure the baby was given up for adoption freely by birth mother, matching the DNA. My negative thoughts are; a longer waiting process, harder on the birth mother, lack time between birth mothers interviews, baby is in foster care longer. With that being said, I have a calling to adopt again from Guatemala. However, I do not want a large age difference between Carson and his sibling. I do not want to be an older woman adopting. I know its not about me, its about the Lord's timing. I am grateful I have Carson and he is healthy. But, I really want him to have a sibling from Guatemala.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

May God Bless and guide you in your decision to adopt again.

Bobbi said...

THese are some pretty tough decisions. I say follow your heart, and see what happens over the next year. Carson is young yet. My kids are four years apart, and the age difference is great. And, with Cassie and Reese it is even more and their relationship is great.

Vanessa said...

Greta, I know exactly how you feel! I want to adopt a son from Guatemala and have been praying for the Lord to guide me and for some reason my heart is still there so I'm waiting it out!