CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

His love

July's trip to Guatemala. I have been trying to put my thoughts into words regarding my latest trip to Guatemala. The basic thoughts are: the weather was beautiful and the company was awesome! However, the Lord really spoke to me while we were strolling the streets of Guatemala, sitting/playing with the kids, working at HP and haggling for souvenirs; the Lord is so loving and his timing is perfect. The Lord revealed this to me many times. First, meeting Becca and Angela- those two ladies have hearts like I have never seen before. They are so giving and caring for the children and adults in Guatemala. They came with suitcases filled to the hilt with medication, food, shoes, school supplies, etc. for Dick Rutgers. They also handed out food and candy in central park and on the streets to children and adults. Their love is amazing. Second, the children in HP have created a deep place within my heart. About twenty years ago, if you told me I would be working with handicapped children or anyone with a disability I would have ran the other way. I had a phobia of anyone who "looked different". Wow, the lord can really work miracles. Please do not get me wrong, I am not completely over my phobia however I can control it a little better. Last, the children and adults in central park are so much fun. We sat on the benches for hours haggling over souvenirs and giving out candy. Cute story- I got some sun burn on my legs. One little girl realized she could press her hand on my leg and pick her hand up quickly, my leg would turn white with an outline of her hand on it. The next thing I knew, there were at least six little hands on my legs pressing down and laughing really hard (Becca and Angela also thought it was funny).
Anyway, The Lord is so amazing and his love is indescribable. I want to build a strong relationship with him. I want to show my love like he showed me in Guatemala. I want to be more like him.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Sounds like you had an amazing trip! I love the sunburn story. I really hope to get back in the next few years. You could have fooled me about your work with the handicapped (being uncomfortable)...you look SO natural in the pictures I have seen and seem to have the patience of Job. May God continue to work in your life.

Becca said...

Oh - your heart is sweeter! I am so blessed to have you in my life. If you and JK decide to live in Antigua I am coming, too!! I love you, I love Guatemala, I love the kids at HP and I love JESUS!! His blessings and love overflow in our lives.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca