CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Really missing Guatemala

For the past week I have been really missing Guatemala. I am going to list a few random reasons why I am missing Guatemala so much.
Can you relate?

1. The beautiful people.
2. Being in the country that gave me my life back.
3. The children. Oh do I miss the children in Guatemala.
4. Their smiles
5. Hanging in central park
6. The smell of Guatemala.
7. Really feeling the Lords presence.
8. The one on one time with Jonathan.
9. The streets.
10. No telephone, texting, computers, demands...
11. The cold showers (LoL)
12. The families that really need our help.
13. Walking around and wondering if "they" are related to Carson.
14. The weather. AHHHHHHHHH!
15. The markets.
16. Looking at the families (yes I said families) riding on a motorcycle.
17. Driving up to the villages and having 20 Guatemalans smiling and hugging me.
18. Walking down a street in the middle of the day and hearing women singing loudly to the Lord.
19. Seeing children peeking through the corn fields.

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

It is a beautiful country!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I wish I could enjoy it the way you do. When we go back with Maya I hope to really enjoy it. I would ahve loved it had the adoption been the way it should ahve been. The thought of it gives me a stomache and fear really. I had hoped to take Maya back when she was a teenager but now I dont' trust their whole system so we will wait until she is 18.