CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

You've made a difference in my life.

The Starfish Story by Loren

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy he asked, "What are you doing?" The youth replied, "Throwing starfish back into the ocean." The surf is up and the tide is going out. "If I don't throw them back, they'll die."
"Son," the man said, "don't you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can't make a difference!"

After listening politely, the boy bent down and picked up another starfish and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man he said..."I made a difference for that one."

Carson- You have made the biggest difference in my life. Thank you for being my sweet baby boy! I love you more and more each second of the day.

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

What a moving story.

Christina said...

I love that story.

B said...

That is one of my favorite stories; I could read it again and again. Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the kind words. Your sweet boy Carson is adorable. And your blog is a great tribute to him, and to motherhood!!
Cheers,
Beth

Becca said...

What a beautiful story - are you the starfish? Or is Carson? I guess both of you at different times in your lives. That is a wonderful story - thanks for sharing!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Our Family of 5 said...

I too love that story!