CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

A must read story..

My sweet baby boy Carson,
I hope you never feel this way.
I love you so much.


A small touching story must read story...
A woman came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his
5-year old girl waiting for him at the door.
Daughter: "Mommy, may I ask you a question?"
MOM: "Yeah sure, what is it?" replied the woman.
Daughter: "Mommy, how much do you make an hour?"
MOM: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?"
the woman said angrily.
Daughter: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make
an
hour?"
MOM: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour."
Daughter: "Oh," the little girl replied, with her head down.
Daughter: "Mommy, may I please borrow $50?"
The mother was furious, "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then
you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about
why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such
childish behavior."
The little girl quietly went to her room and shut the door.
The woman sat down and started to get even angrier about the little
girl's questions. How dare she ask such questions only to get some money?
After about an hour or so, the woman had calmed down, and started to
think: Maybe there was something she really needed to buy with that
$50 and she really didn't ask for money very often. The woman went
to the door of the little girl's room and opened the door.
"Are you asleep, girl?" She asked.
"No Mommy, I'm awake," replied the girl.
"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier" said the
woman.
"It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the
$50 you asked for."
The little girl sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you mommy!"she
yelled.
Then, reaching under her pillow she pulled out some crumpled up bills.
The woman saw that the girl already had money, started to get angry
again. The little girl slowly counted out her money, and then looked up
at his mother.
"Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the mother
grumbled.
"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little she replied.
"Mommy, I have $100 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?
Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with
you."
The mother was crushed. She put her arms around her little daughter, and she
begged for her forgiveness.
It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life.
We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

Do remember to share that $100 worth of your time with someone you
love.
If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could
easily replace us in a matter of days.
But the family we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more
into work than to our family.
Thanks,

.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

9 comments:

Beth said...

Very touching. Thank you for sharing this. We all need these reminders from time to time, don't we?

Becca said...

How eye opening. Thanks for sharing that. And BTW - I'll stand by you, too.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Steph said...

Oh wow. That brought tears to my eyes. So true. Thank you for the reminder!

Christina said...

Wow that made me cry. This is sooo true though we all need to take a few steps back and spend time with those that mean the most.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post!! It came a t a good time for me, Thank you!!!

Bobbi said...

Now, I am bawling. I have heard that story before. It really makes you stop and think. I have been trying hard to stop and remember to spend time with them. I try to think if they will remember playing a game with me, or how the floors sparkled?

Heidi said...

That is so sad! Time with our little ones is so precious. Thanks for the reminder.

Marlene said...

OH Great, Now I am crying! I should have known it would be something like that! LOL! Good thing no one is a round at the moment.

Kelley said...

Thank you so much for stopping at my site and offering prayers for my family! You have such a beautiful baby and I am so glad to meet you! Have a blessed day.

Love, Kelley