CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad

On August 27 we celebrated my Dad's__ birthday. My Dad and I have a very special relationship. For as long as I can remember my Dad has been my best friend. I could write forever all the reasons I love my Dad. However I decided to list in no particular order many "things" about my Dad.
Here I go...
1. I can call him whenever I need to vent, cry, laugh or just plain talk.
2. He ALWAYS listens.
3. We both love dogs.
4. He helps me take care of my horses.
5. He has been coaching little league baseball for over 30 plus years.
6. He is very active.
7. We can sit and people watch for hours.
8. He wears the oldest worn out jeans and tee shirt when going to buy a car.
9. He loved his Mom and Dad very deeply.
10.Carson loves his poppop
11. He was there for me in my darkest days.
12. During my darkest days/nights I could call him anytime and cry on the phone and he would just listen.
13. He takes great pride in his yard.
14. During the summer I can usually find him in the garden.
15. He is moodier than me!
16. We have deep conversations about the Lord.
17. He is very hard working.
18. My Dad has never turned on a computer.
19. We have favorite songs.
20. If I hear one of our favorite songs on the radio I will call him and play it really loud.
21. He drove me to most of my horse shows on Saturdays and Sundays.
22. We both love to hear people laugh.
23. He served in Vietnam.
24. My cousins love to ride the go-carts under the boardwalk with him.
25. We talk on the phone 3 to 4 times a day.
26. He normally has the best advice.
27. When I was younger I use to think he was the strongest Dad in the world (wait I still do).
28. He is always there for me.
29. He is my Dad and I love him.

1 comments:

Bobbi said...

sounds like a special man to me!! There is nothing like a Dad and his daughter. My Dad is a wonderful man. We are not as close as your Dad and you. but, I do cherish him deeply