CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 24, 2010

Adopting again

Jonathan and I have been talking and praying about adopting again. I really want to adopt again from Guatemala however that's going to be a long wait. I have been researching other countries and the wait time because we just got married is two more years before we can apply. Yes, there are other countries which would be quicker however we are lead at this time to the Asian population. If we adopt domestically we could adopt a new born within three months. I am really struggling with what to do. Even though I've been praying I have not been trusting nor listening. I've been doing all the talking and planning. Carson is getting to a great age to have another baby in our home. Hopefully one day soon!

9 comments:

Donna said...

PRAYING for you and your family. Just keep walking the path - and the way will come to you.

Very exciting news! Very!!

And I sure hope we meet us this summer, too! Maybe in DC? Maybe at the zoo?

Reba said...

I hope the answer comes soon to you. What an exciting thought! I think we are done, but I will admit...we went to an adoption picnic the other day and most of the babies were from Ethiopia. I was just drawn to them. I keep reminding myself, "There is NO room in the inn..." :)

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

how exciting. It is hard, after the ordeal I just couldn't do out of country, even though i would prefer to adopt that way becasue it is actually needed, when it comes to newborns. We are hoping to adopt of course and Maya is relaly wanting a "girl sister" but with how expensive it is we had to go with the very small agency, so who knows how long the wait, or if it will even happen since Birth mothers do change their minds. Good Luck!
We have alot fo those western gaming shows, you know where the horses mothers get jerked ont eh whole time, but if you knew someone in that alot fo kids do outgrow their horses and they have been around everything. Just by goign to that little one we did I heard of ponies for sale.

Bobbi said...

Carson is a perfect age for a sibling!! I pray you will be lead to what is the right choice for your family. Follow your heart....

Kimmie said...

A friend of mine sent me info on an adoption program out of Tenn...many biracial children ...newborns.

Let me know if you want more info.

Funny, I knew you were adopting again.

oxox
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Erin said...

Love. It.

Love. You.

Both.

So exciting!

Alissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alissa said...

congratulations im so happy for you and your family and the big decision, keeping you in my prays, big big hugs

Erin said...

Gret,

I found an organization recently that I LOOOOVE. It's Gladney. Not only do they do foreign and domestic adoptions, but part of your fees (which aren't any higher) go to orphan care in your child's home country. Not only are they finding homes for kids, but the kids without a forever home are getting medical attention, education, and employees on the ground who love on them. I hope that helps.

We have much to discuss.