CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 29, 2010

On Memorial Weekend

At our house when it rains it pours. Friday afternoon I received a call from Carson's school stating he was not feeling well and had a temp of 103. Yes, 103. I was at his school within minutes to pick him up. Yup, he is on another course of antibiotics for an infection. My poor boy has been on and off antibiotics for three months. He has a follow up at children's hospital regarding his ear in 2 weeks. However even with medication otc and prescriptions his temperature is hovering around 101.1. Last night he came into our bed around 2am. Carson was all over the bed. I never realized a little 32lb 3 year old could feel like an elephant in the bed. WOW!!
Friday night around 10:00pm we noticed we did not have water. NO WATER! Needless to say 15 hours later and one thousand dollars in the hole we have a new water pump. UH! How do people do it in Guatemala without running water?
Saturday I only left the house to get hay for the horses and take Shauna to Stone Harbor. UH! Usually on Memorial Weekend we are on the boardwalk soaking in the beginning of summer weather at the Jersey Shore :)
Sunday Jonathan went to church as he had to teach children's church. I stayed home with Carson since he was still running a temperature. Later that evening Carson was feeling a little better so we decided to talk a stroll on the Sea Isle Boardwalk. We did not stroll too long since a little boy was getting very whiny.

3 comments:

Reba said...

I am sorry. It doesn't sound like the most fun holiday weekend. :( I hope that tomorrow is better?

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

ok so maybe now all will be well since you have had so much sickness, one can hope!!!! I do love running water, I remeber living there, in good ocnditions with a teathing diarhea baby and then a baby with rotovirus that was also throwing up every morning and no washing machine, and hey I was lucky enough to have running water. Yes I love being spoiled here.

Bobbi said...

Poor guy!! Hope he is better soon!! As I type we are getting ready to head to the Dr for Reese as well. His ears have "boo-boos" again!!! UGH!!I would think by now he would have outgrown this!! So frustrating, isn't it????