CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Carson has started hitting.

Lately, my son Carson is thirteen months old has started hitting people in the face when he is being held. For the past couple of days no matter who holds him he will hit them in the face at least once or twice. I have been researching on how to correct this behaviour however, I have mixed emotion on what I think is right. Do you have any suggestions? I do not want my little prince to grow up as a bully.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog --- Carson is adorable !!!

Susan said...

Carson is a doll. I am a single mom too. My DD started doing this about the same age (she is 16 months now). What I did when she started hitting was to stop her hand and say "please don't hit, that hurts mommy." I kept it pretty low key and it seems to have stopped. She will still do it every once in a while. I think they are looking for reaction and if we give it to them, they will keep doing it.

Your guy is adorable.

Susan

Kathy said...

Your son is a cutie! Another single mom whose son did the hitting thing. John started right before his second birthday and I did just like Guatemom/Susan did and it has almost completely stopped. Now it only happens when he is overtired and cranky. Good luck!

shoshannah said...

trust me he is going to be soooo sweet because you are in his life.