CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 26, 2007

Guatemalan Temper!!

Wow, my little guy's temper is wild. If Carson can not figure something out ( i.e. putting a puzzle piece in the right spot) his had goes flying back, he falls on the floor and starts crying and kicking his feet. Uh! Second example; Carson loves balls, any type and size, today as we were walking to my SUV there was a soccer ball on the grass. Carson began pointing and yelling at the soccer ball. I told Carson who is thirteen months old,"Yes, I see the ball." "We are late for our dinner, we have to go." Oh, did I push his temper button- his head flew back and hit me in the face, his hands were flying , feet were kicking and he was crying loudly all within 2 seconds of saying "we have to go." Needless to say trying to get him in the car seat safely was a challenge.
I must confess...Before having a child of my own, when I saw a child throwing a temper in the store, church, restaurant, etc. I would think-Oh, I'm glad I am not "that Mother" and "that's not my child" because........... and now "I am that Mother" and "that's my child".

7 comments:

Bobbi said...

HMMM our boys have so much in common! Reese does the same thing. It is his way or the highway! My other two children RARELY had meltdowns. Reese has meltdowns about everything. He is so stubborn and determined.

I am actually a bit relieved to hear that we aren't the only ones. I thought maybe it was us and our kids.

Best of luck to you.

Donna said...

Hey, sounds like you have my boys described to a tee!! It's great to meet your family!

shoshannah said...

hey i said i wanted to go and live with u guys

Steve & Amy said...

Sounds like you have described BOTH my kids! That latin blood does something to them...they are VERY hard headed too! I pray that this cools off soon! I do have to say that Mia seems to be more of a tantrum thrower than Ethan. We just have to take it one day at a time:) (and many deep breaths)

Christina said...

Are you writing a story about my son? LOL.

Emily said...

I just found your blog and I love your pics! This post is so true. Our son is only 5 months old but I see that 'temper' come through sometimes!

Emily

Reba said...

I hate to say it, but it will just get worse. :) Two is full of tantrums, then three...well, I once heard it described as a three year old is a two year old with a year of practice. Then throw in that temper (I see it in my daughter from Guatemala) and it can be all kinds of fun. And then, yes, you are that parent. :)
Reba